|About Doctor ::
Positions and Honors
Positions and Employment
2012- 2015 Member BOS (UG) RGUHS B’lore
2012 Member Ph.D. Dissertation Committee RGUHS B’lore.
2012-13 Member BOS (UG/PG) KLEUniversity Belgaum.
2010- 2012 BOS member UG & PG Dental Faculty KLE university Belgaum.
Sep 2012- Present Prof & Head Microbiology JN Medical College Belgaum.
2009 – Pres Guide for PhD Research Scholar, KLE University, Belgaum.
2008 - Aug 12 Officer In-charge CSSD. KLE’s Dr Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC Belgaum.
2007 –Aug 12 Officer In-charge. Microbiology Laboratory KLESH &MRC. Belgaum-10.
2005 - Aug 12 Professor of Microbiology JN Medical College Belgaum
2005-2007 Associate Professor. Department of Microbiology. JN Medical College Belgaum
2001-2004 Assistant Professor. Department of Microbiology. JN Medical College Belgaum
1998-2005 Consultant Microbiologist KLEs Hospital & MRC Belgaum-10.
1997-2000 Lecturer. Department of Microbiology. JN Medical College Belgaum.
1994-1997 Tutor. Department of Microbiology. JN Medical College.Belgaum.
Other Experience and Professional Memberships
2009-12 Joint Secretary Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists.(National)
2009 Pres Jt Secretary Research,Consultancy NAAC Sub-Committee JNMC Belgaum.
2008-09 Co-Ordinator. PG Dissertations KLES Dental College Belgaum.
2005-09 BOS Member (UG) Krishna Medical College.Krishna University Karad. Maharastra.
2005-09 BOS Member (PG). Krishna Medical College.Krishna University Karad. Maharastra.
2006-09 Executive Member. Indian Association of Medical Microbiology.
2007-08 Institutional Committee RMRC (ICMR) Belgaum.
2006-07 Member. Selection Committee. RMRC (ICMR) Belgaum.
2006-07 Member. Technical Committee RMRC (ICMR) Belgaum
2006-07 Member. Project Review Committee RMRC Belgaum.
2005-07 Secretary. JNMC Scientific Society. JN Medical College. Belgaum.
2004-05 Hon Secretary. Indian Association of Medical Microbiology (KC).
2003-04 Executive Member. Indian Association of Medical Microbiology (KC).
Fellowships & Honors Conferred
2012 Best Paper presented at National symposium “BioCadence” held at Department of
Biotechnology KLE Engineering College Belgaum (Karnataka)
2008 Dr SS Kelkar Memorial Gold Medal for Best Paper presented in IAMM National conference AFMC
2007 Best Paper Karnataka State IAMM-KC Congress at RMMC Gulburga.
Faculty at Workshop
2005 Workshop on ‘Advances in Molecular biology and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology -QIP. KLEs College of Pharmacy. Belgaum
2004 National Workshop on Molecular Diagnostic Techniques at AMBICON 01,Dec.,2004 at JN Medical College Belgaum.
2004 National Workshop on Molecular Diagnostic Techniques of Biochemists 01,Dec.,2004 at JN Medical College. Belgaum
2004 Workshop on ‘Advances in Molecular biology and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology -QIP- KLEs
College of Pharmacy. Belgaum.
2003 ICMR Sponsored workshop on Human Genetics .Feb.,22nd,23rd, 2003 at KLES Hospital & MRC Belgaum.
June 2011 ICMR – WHO sponsored Training in Medical Mycology at PGI Chandigarh
Oct 2010 Real Time PCR in Viral infections. ICMR Virology Lab MAHE Manipal.
Aug 2009 Molecular Diagnosis of H1N1 Influenza. Haffkines Institute Parel Mumbai.
Jan 2005 Molecular characterization of HCV Genotypes. Hepatitis Div National Institute of
Virology (ICMR) Pune.
Mar, 2001 Workshop on Applications of PCR-RTPCR in Clin Diagnosis. Sir Dorabjee Centre for Tropical Diseases Indian Institute Of Science. B’lore.
Jan 1999 National Brain Research Centre, Govt. of India New Delhi Sponsored Training Programme “CNS Infections – Virology, Pathology & Microbiology techniques” at NIMHANS Bangalore.
Jun 1996 Virological Techniques. NIV Field station Banglore Medical College B’lore.
1. Nagmoti MB, Patil CS, Jyoti MN, Mutnal MB, Mallapur MD. Prevelance of HCV in HIV seropositive individuals in and around Belgaum South India. International Journal of STD &AIDS 2012;23:e 14- e 15.
2. Patil SP, Nagmoti MB, Nagmoti JM, Mantur VS. Nosocomial fungaemia in tertiary care Hospital. Ind J Public Health Res & Dev (Accepted )
3. Patil SP, Nagmoti MB, Nagmoti JM, Mantur VS. Biofilm production of candida isolated from Blood & Urine. Ind J Public Health Res & Dev (Accepted )
4. Nagmoti MB, Patil CS, Jyoti Nagmoti, Mutnal MB, Tripathy S, Paranjape RS. Preliminary Study for the Identification of HIV-1 subtypes in HIV-HCV coinfected patients by env Heteroduplex Mobility Assay in Belgaum. ( Submitted ) to IJMR 2011
5. Nagmoti MB, Patil CS Jyoti M.N1, Mutnal M.B.Spectrum of Opportunistic Infections in HIV-2 patients in and around Belgaum, South India. Recent Research in Science and Technology 2011, 3(2): 31-33
6. Nagmoti MB, Patil CS, Jyoti Nagmoti, Mutnal M, Anagolkar M. Childhood Brucellosis; Three cases from North Karnataka. Recent Research in Science and Technology 2011, 3(2): 102-103
7. Patil BM, Nagmoti MB, Honnavar P, Jyoti MN, Shetty A Species distribution and antifungal susceptibility of oral Candida isolates from HIV-infected patients.KLE Life line 2011
8. Nagmoti MB, Raghavendra BM., Dr Jyoti M Nagmoti. Extra intestinal Abscess secondary to S. paratyphi A- Diagnostic Dilemma. KLE University’s Journal Jan 2011.
9. Nagmoti MB, Patil BM, Naik Cryptococcal infections in Non HIV patients. KLE Life line 2010.
10. Nagmoti MB Raghvendra1 BM , Budhagaonkar S, Patil P. Emergence of Salmonella paratyphi A as a major pathogen and Resurgence of Sensitive strains of Salmonella species around Belgaum (Karnataka).JNMC Sc Soc Journal2011
11. Nagmoti MB, Kamate M, Patil SP, Jyoti MN. Cryptococcal meningitis in sero-negative infant. Jl of Acad. Clin., Micro.2010:1
12. Nagmoti MB, Patil CS, Jyoti Nagmoti, Mutnal MB, Mallapur MD. Prevalance of HCV infection in HIV seropositive individuals in and around Belgaum, South India. (Accepted) International J of STD and AIDS.
13. Nagmoti MB, Ghorpade R, Budhgaonkar S, M Nagmoti Jyoti. Nocardia asteriods spinal osteomyelitis in an immunocompromised host from South India. Neurology Asia 2008; 13 : 109 – 112.
14. Mutnal MB, Purwar S, Metgud SC, Nagmoti MB, CS. Patil. PCR confirmation of cutaneous manifestation due to Brucella melitensis. Journal of Medical Microbiology.2007:56; 283-85.
15. Girish V Vajramani, Nagmoti MB, Patil CS. Neurobrucellosis presenting as an intramedullary spinal cord abscess. Annals of Clin. Micro & Antimicrobials.2005;4:14.
16. Nagmoti JM, Patil CS, Nagmoti MB, Mutnal MB. Detection of extra-cellular enzymes of anaerobic
gram-negative bacteria from clinically diseased and healthy sites. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2008
17. Purwar S, Metgud SC, Darshan A, Mutnal MB, Nagmoti MB. Infective endocarditis due to brucella.
Indian J Med Microbiol. 2006 Oct;24(4):286-8.
C. Research Support –
1. Microbiologist - HIV- Cervical Cancer Prevention Research Consortium in India - ICMR/ NIH. (2008-09)
2. Microbiologist – Genotypic analysis of HPV In Ca Cervix patients.- Vanderbuilt University US- KLE University Belgaum (2009).
3Principal Co-ordinator – Dengue serotypes (K-FIST level I grant)- Sponsored by Vision group on Science & Technology. Science & Technology Govt of Karnataka (2010-12)